Outdoor blinds are a great way to ward off the heat and keep your indoors cool. Not only do they offer protection against the sun but they also help in maintaining temperatures during the rainy days. The key to choosing a good outdoor blind is to shift the focus on to color and material. While material is of primary importance, color is important as well as it plays a major role in enhancing the quality of the blind that you choose.
Top 6 Colors for Outdoor Blinds
Here is a list of the colors that promise to be the trendiest bet when it comes to outdoor blinds, in 2015.
1. Natural Reed: One of the most common shades that is used by people across Singapore, the natural reed shade is mostly used on blinds that are breathable and light. As far as the material goes, these blinds are perfect for protecting the indoors from the sun’s heat while allowing for a gentle breeze to pass through. The earthy tones are perfect for those who have houses that overlook gardens and are into colors that complement nature. Not only are these blinds the most readily available, but they are amongst the top choices when it comes to combining style and functionality.
2. Rich Cocoa: For those who are looking to be unique and yet have earthy tones as part of their home décor, looking at shades of cocoa might be a good idea. This shade serves two purposes: it allows for an efficient blocking of the sun’s rays and gives your home a classy look. The darker color makes sure that the interiors of your house remain cool and the matte finish creates the effect of a sober, yet chic look. Perfect for those who entertain guests on a daily basis, the rich cocoa option is sure to take your home décor to a comfortable yet stylish level.
3. Classic Black: A common favorite among Singaporeans everywhere, the classic black shade is not only versatile but also useful. It helps maintain cool interiors when the summer temperatures rise to high levels. More than that, however, this shade is the go-to option for those who house corporate luncheons or get together parties. The black color stands out as a sober option that gives a touch of professionalism to your home space. It is a good investment for those who wish to maintain a business like image and can be used in various social occasions.
4. Grey Textured Finish: For those who wish to appear both professional and innovative, the textured grey blinds are a perfect option. These blinds not only have the right combination in terms of color, but also have a hint of innovation with the use of layered textures. In addition, grey is a soothing color and can be great for those who wish to make their homes a comfortable space. Relaxed parties in the cool interiors of your homes might be a great idea in 2015 and to add to the ambience of comfort, this shade is a worthwhile investment.
5. Mushroom Wood Look: One of the latest trends that promises to make it big in 2015 is the mushroom wood look. This is basically a shade of white that has a more toned down and matte finish. The option is perfect for people who wish to create a warm, inviting and cozy atmosphere in their living room. The outdoor blinds when drawn can provide a peaceful environment. To accentuate the look one can introduce night lamps as part of their home décor. Furthermore, the sober color makes the living room look larger and is both soothing and functional.
6. Espresso Finish: As the name suggests, this shade best resembles the warm tones of an espresso coffee. The color borders on darker tones but can be used to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. While using this shade it is important to note that it is best complemented by orange or yellow light shades. Users might want to opt out of harsher light bulbs and use Chinese lamps in their living room. This ensures that the blinds create a soothing and cozy space that makes the guests and family feel connected and comfortable at all times.
Blinds are a great addition to your home decor. Especially in a climate like that of Singapore, they create the perfect cooling effect in the sultry summers. Choosing the right shade is important as it is crucial in providing maximum cooling while making your home look comfortable and inviting.