The weather of Singapore is quite pleasant. People just love to spend lots of time outside in their yard for a pleasant sunny experience. However, being able to spend extended period of time in the hot sun can be a bit difficult and thus, most households prefer getting awnings installed in their yards. Awnings not just provide shade, but also offer protection against harmful external elements so you can enjoy great outdoors with maximum comfort.
This is the reason people in Singapore are more inclined to choose awnings blinds built in their yard. Awnings also make a great alternative for extending the outdoor space so you can get the benefit of both living and entertaining, while creating a comfortable and relaxed outdoor environment. Awnings are available in a variety of options and choosing a particular style and type can be a bit difficult for most people. In order to make sure you get the right one for your yard, you must take into consideration all the negative and positive aspects of each material available to you.
Awnings add protection and decoration to your windows and doors. Large patio awning blinds provide shade, as well as expand the outdoor comfort. Needless to say, awnings have many benefits, but there are many drawbacks as well that you’ll learn further in this post. You are advised to go through all the pros and cons of installing awnings, so you are able to take a very much informed decision.
Pros of Awnings Blinds ● Awning blinds are available in a variety of material to suit all purpose.
● They are flexible, as well as fixed.
● They are easy to install and easily available.
● These awnings are cost-effective. Once installed, you can sue them for long years to come. They don’t’ require any kind of special maintenance.
● Lack of poles makes them safe for pets and children at home.
● In case of retractable awnings, only the valance is visible in the front side. Thus, they look aesthetically pleasing and elegant.
● Retractable awning blinds are easy to roll up and can be uninstalled during inclement weather.
● No matter what kind of awning you choose, fixed or removable, both of them are durable and do not get destroyed during heavy snowfall, storms and high winds.
● You can choose to get manually operated or automatic awnings as per your budget and preference.
● When the home’s windows and doors are covered with awning blinds, the UV rays and light from the sun gets completely cut off. Keeping your room cool and pleasant.
● Properly installed awnings also help reduce 60% of air conditioning consumption charges as they prevent the room from heating up. You could save a good amount of money in your electricity bill. Cons of Awning Blinds
● Since awning are quite flexible and stay for longer years, they can be quite expensive.
● Installation charges are quite high as compared to other alternatives for shades.
● Depending upon the size and position of awnings, they should be rolled up before the heavy storm hits. There’s always a chance of destruction.
● Awning blinds with electric sensor need constant replacement, otherwise the households may have to do it manually.
● No provisions are made for power shortage. In such case, the awnings need to be operated manually.
● Awnings needs constant weather coating or it can develop leaks.
● If not cleaned thoroughly, awning blinds are prone to molds, mildew and fungal growth.
The basic purpose of awning blinds is to provide shade, as well as protection to the house from the impact of external elements such as storms, sun, rain, snowfall etc. This is the reason it is always advised to take into consideration some basic factors before buying awnings. These factors include cost, material, type, maintenance, and functionality.
Whether you are looking to get awnings installed in your home, bar, hotel, shop, or cafe, you must always get in touch with only a reputed company that specialize in awning and related products. An experienced company will ensure that you get best quality services at competitive rates. It is always advised to opt for durable awnings even if the initial cost is high. Working on these lines will help you protect your home for a long time, but also provide you with a sense of satisfaction and comfort from within.