Composite panels are special building material that is used instead of traditional steel or wood. They are being used because of their lightweight and good strength and duration. There are three different types of this building material:
• Wood units
While the wooden panels are used mostly for furniture, the other types are used for a variety of construction projects. The aluminum or steel panels are used for roofing elements or load bearing walls. Their thickness is determined according to the purpose of their use. The popularity of composite panels has been rising since the constructors were in need of a lightweight material that can replace wood or steel. These panels are much lighter than the wood and steel. These panels have found their purpose in wall and ceiling construction, and they can also be used for whole buildings. The insulation power of the panels is huge so that only enlarged their popularity. However, as almost every material, composite panels have their advantages and disadvantages. We will try to present you some of them.
Pros of the composite panels
1. The first thing to mention as an advantage is surely the great usability of these panels. They are lighter than the material that they are replacing. Composite panels have kept the good characteristics and they are a reliable and durable material.
2. Composite panels are produced as single units. This means that they are easier to be fixed. If there is a need of cutting them, you can do it in a short time notice. Easy fixation of the panels can reduce the labor cost, which saves a lot of money for the company.
3. There is no need for processing. Composite panels come in one unit and you can use them on the spot.
4. They are good for insulation. It doesn’t matter what’s the thickness of the panel, they are still great to keep your room warm in the winter and cold in the summer. This also adds another thing. Because of the high insulation potency, composite panels are helping you to save energy. You will need a lot lesser electricity to warm up the room with the walls made out of composite panels.
5. The thickness of the panels is also another advantage. As we have mentioned, they come in a variety of thickness. Because of this, they don’t take too much room. This allows contractors a greater building possibilities.
6. Composite panels are also saving on the production material. To produce one panel you will need a lesser amount of material and the best thing is that you can use leftovers. Yes, in factories they can use the material that is left from other projects and use them for composite panels. This is great in so many ways because it makes the construction process a lot easier. It also saves the environment.
7. You can remove the composite panels just as you’ve placed them. This is a very easy process, which creates your many possibilities. If you don’t like the design of your room, or if you want to make it larger, the composite panels won’t create you any problems. We must add here the fact that these panels are very easy for maintenance, and you won’t need much effort to keep them in good condition.
8. If you think of using composite panels, keep in mind that you are saving the environment. We have already mentioned that composite panels are made of leftovers that would be thrown away in another case. The usage of composite panels also has a role in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. The building process consists out of small activities, such as production, transport, and installation. If you can shorten the time and ease these activities, you are saving fuel, energy and human strength.
9. It doesn’t matter what is the style of your house or apartment. Composite panels are being produced in a variety of colors and styles, and they can fit anywhere. You can get them unfinished, and they will have a more natural look. Different coatings and paintings are also available. Composite panels can be customized to fit your purpose. Just visit the factory that you are buying the material from and explain them what kind of panels would you like.
Cons of the composite panels
1. The first problem that you can meet is the price. Because it is a lot more efficient than regular materials and because you need lesser number of people to place them, composite panels are expensive. Not anyone can afford them.
2. Each manufacturer can offer you different quality and different prices. This means that you will have to do some research and check different factories to find the panels that suit you.
3. Composite panels are very efficient material, but this doesn’t mean that they don’t have any flaws. During the storms and nasty weather, control panels might get damaged. However, this only happens if the weather is really harsh. The manufacturers are trying to eliminate this problem by combining different materials that will make the panels more resistant to damage.
4. Composite panels can be very durable, but this means that you will need to maintain them regularly. There is more of your money going out of the wallet, but if you want a proper material, you must invest some more money.
Composite panels are a fresh material for different types of constructions. They are mostly used in wall and ceiling building. These panels can replace wood and steel, and that’s what has made them popular in the world of constructions. The first advantage of the composite panels is their usability. They are light and they come in one piece. This makes them easily manageable and you don’t need a lot of people to fix them. Also, there is no need for some special processing. The panels are produced from leftovers, which is a good economical and ecological move. However, there are some disadvantages too. The first one is the price because they are very expensive. They are durable but during heavy storms, some damage may happen. The regular maintenance is needed for the panels to last longer.